Friday, August 8, 2008

I took a lot of black & white photos on my recent trip to Winnipeg. I don't really need to take a lot of "vacation snaps", since I've been there so often (okay, it didn't totally stop me from doing it, as you'll see if you check out my Prairie Dreams blog!), so I tried to find interesting little details or other artsy type things to photograph. Here are some of the results.

I'm always trying to find good shots of water and reflections.



I loved these statues in the Leo Mol Sculpture Garden in Assiniboine Park. The sparkle of the sunlight on the water was beautiful.






I like flower shots in black & white, too!




I couldn't resist these pictures of the people on the beach at Gimli. As you know, I rarely take people pictures! But these two just seemed to need to be taken. (I don't know the people, by the way.)





The next two were taken at Grand Beach. I particularly liked the line of the fence posts in the second one.



I like to look for interesting lines or shapes or patterns when I'm shooting b&w. The first one is a shot of fence posts and chairs in a small garden at the St. Norbert Art Centre.





The white flowers against the dark fence post fascinated me. I took several shots; I think this is one of the best. The patterns on the wire in both the fences were cool, too!



A quiet place along a trail at Fort Whyte Alive nature centre.




And finally, the cemetery and ruins of a church in St. Boniface (Winnipeg's French quarter)



Thank you for visiting! Please feel free to leave your comments.

No comments: